From April 28 to May 6, Japan enjoys a week of historical holidays and lively cultural traditions as the country observes Golden Week (ゴールデンウィーク). The National Holiday Laws of 1948 declared four official holidays concentrated at the end of April and the beginning of May. During this period, businesses across Japan enjoyed a rise in [...]
Whether you’re a cat’s companion or a dog’s best friend, your furball has a special spirit of their own - that’s what makes them such wonderful company! On April 11, we celebrate National Pet Day. Although we love our furry friends, living right next door to a canine’s 5 a.m. bark or underneath the constant [...]
- avoiding international blunders, Business and the Environment, Business Etiquette, Career Tips, Cross-Cultural, Culture, Intercultural, intercultural competence, Language and Culture, Observances - Monthly & Daily, Office Culture, Self-Awareness, US Observances, Workplace Diversity, Workplace Etiquette
From harmless puns and silly memes, to stereotypical jokes and shady sarcasm, humor is a diverse concept with a slightly different meaning for everyone. Whether you consider yourself a born jokester, or prefer to keep a serious profile, it’s vital to understand humor’s place in a professional environment, especially if the workplace is multicultural. As [...]
The U.S. is internationally known for its “work hard, play hard” mentality. While not at the top of the list, and many consider the U.S. American workplace to be among the most stressful worldwide. In fact, in 2017 Forbes ranked the US as the second most competitive country worldwide, and a survey by Monster revealed [...]
- Brazil, Cross-Cultural, Culture, Europe, Global Celebrations, Global Traditions, Holiday Season, Intercultural, International Holidays, Legends and Myths, Middle East, Middle East Culture, Muslim Culture and Traditions, Observances - Monthly & Daily, Relationships
We’re familiar with the classic gift exchange on February 14 between couples in the U.S., but did you know nations worldwide celebrate Valentine’s Day with beloved traditions and unique twists? The following four countries have a unique Valentine Day origins, beliefs, and celebrations. Afghanistan Most regions of the Middle East discourage a celebration that may [...]
- Annual Monthly or Day Observance, Canada, Canadian Traditions, Cross-Cultural, Culture and Commercialism, Customer Service Etiquette, gift-giving, Global Celebrations, Global Etiquette, Global Traditions, Gracious Living, Holiday Season, International Holidays, International Travel Tips, Lifestyle, Modern Manners, Observances - Monthly & Daily
The day after Christmas, December 26th, is an annual holiday known as “Boxing Day” celebrated in several countries in the British Commonwealth.
- Annual Monthly or Day Observance, Business and the Environment, Business Etiquette, Career Tips, Coffee, Customer Service Etiquette, Gracious Living, Houseguest Etiquette, Lifestyle, Millennials, Modern Manners, Observances - Monthly & Daily, Office Culture, Social Etiquette, Workplace Etiquette
The winter months are prime time for many common illnesses. If offices work together to promote thorough handwashing, employees might avoid strep throat or the flu.
- Annual Monthly or Day Observance, Business and the Environment, Culture, gift-giving, Global Traditions, Gracious Living, Holiday Parties, Holiday Season, Lifestyle, Millennials, Modern Manners, Observances - Monthly & Daily, Relationships, Social Etiquette, US Observances
In addition to encouraging self-serve, saving leftovers, and avoiding preparing an excessive amount of food, composting is a relatively simple and low-cost way to minimize waste and help out the environment during the holidays.
- Annual Monthly or Day Observance, Business Etiquette, Career Tips, Gracious Living, Holiday Season, Lifestyle, Modern Manners, Observances - Monthly & Daily, Office Culture, Self-Awareness, Social Etiquette, TX Business Etiquette, United States, Women in Business, Workplace Etiquette
In spirit of November 17 National Take A Hike Day, learn 3 ways you can stay active at work and the numerous health benefits you can gain.