Ancient Art by Pexels At the end of October, without fail, there will be public outcry about a Halloween costume that one of a number of notables or celebrities wore for the Hollywood party circuit. In fact, many publicists in Los Angeles, California intensely dislike the holiday for just that reason. [...]
- Argentina, Business Etiquette, Career Tips, Culture, Customer Service Etiquette, Intercultural, intercultural competence, Language and Culture, Relationships, Self-Awareness, Social Etiquette, South America, Travel, Travel Etiquette, Traveling Etiquette, Workplace Diversity
Buenos Aires photo by Deensel on flikr Argentum, the Latin term for silver, is the reason behind the country’s name Argentina. The origin comes from the first Spanish conquerors to reach the Rio de La Plata, or the Silver River, where they were welcomed by the natives with gifts from this precious material. [...]
Tips to Overcome Challenges in a Friendship For those of you that didn't know this past Sunday was International Friendship Day, which is celebrated on the first Sunday of August every year. August is known to be a month filled with good fortune, happiness and harmony. One would say this holiday is sacred. [...]
- avoiding international blunders, Business and the Environment, Business Etiquette, Career Tips, Cross-Cultural, Culture, Intercultural, intercultural competence, Language and Culture, Observances - Monthly & Daily, Office Culture, Self-Awareness, US Observances, Workplace Diversity, Workplace Etiquette
From harmless puns and silly memes, to stereotypical jokes and shady sarcasm, humor is a diverse concept with a slightly different meaning for everyone. Whether you consider yourself a born jokester, or prefer to keep a serious profile, it’s vital to understand humor’s place in a professional environment, especially if the workplace is multicultural. As [...]
- avoiding international blunders, Bridging the Cultural Divide, Business Etiquette, Career Tips, Customer Service Etiquette, global competency, Global Etiquette, Gracious Living, intercultural competence, Lifestyle, Millennials, Modern Manners, Networking, Office Culture, Phone Etiquette and Protocol, Relationship Building, Self-Awareness, Social Etiquette, Workplace Diversity, Workplace Etiquette
In an era when everyday communication methods involve GIF keyboards, Snapchat filters, and group messaging, young professionals are poorly trained on verbal telephone conversations. If you fall into this category, consider these 5 guidelines for corporate telephone etiquette.
If you’re seriously considering self employment in 2018, here are five crucial considerations for anyone thinking about self employment.
- Bridging the Cultural Divide, Business Etiquette, Career Tips, Cross-Cultural, Culture and Commercialism, Customer Service Etiquette, global competency, Interview Etiquette, Language and Culture, Lifestyle, Millennials, Modern Manners, Networking, Office Culture, Phone Etiquette and Protocol, University Students, Workplace Diversity, Workplace Etiquette
To dispel this stereotype and strengthen millennial interpersonal skills, avoid these four modern communication mishaps.
QuickBooks connect provides practical, top-tier discussion and highly beneficial networking opportunities.
- Bridging the Cultural Divide, Culture, Customer Service Etiquette, global competency, International Protocol, Interview Etiquette, Lifestyle, Millennials, Modern Manners, Networking, Office Culture, Relationship Building, Relationships, Social Etiquette, Travel Etiquette, Workplace Diversity, Workplace Etiquette
While spreading kindness is good, it’s better to find simple ideas on a daily basis. Here are 5 ways you can carry on workplace goodwill, even after World Kindness Day
employers can learn about a veteran’s past, and future goals beneficial to aiding in transition to a new work culture. Below are five reasons to hire a veteran using Third Space Thinking by Ernest Wilson.