Santiago, Chile by pixabay Stretching along South America's lower western coast, the long and slender country of Chile is slightly smaller than Turkey, slightly larger than the U.S. state of Texas and contains more than five thousand islands. It comes as no surprise that Chile has been called one of [...]
- Career Tips, Chile, Cross-Cultural, Cross-Cultural Tips for Doing Business in, Culture, Intercultural, intercultural competence, intercultural training case, International Travel Tips, Self-Awareness, South America, Travel, Travel Etiquette, Traveling Etiquette
Perito Moreno by Deensel on flikr With its name stemming from the Latin word for silver, the country of Argentina is home to rich landscapes including the rolling hills of Patagonia, the Andes Mountains and Iguazu Falls, which is 1.5 times higher than Niagara Falls. Argentina’s capital, Buenos Aires, is among one [...]
- Cross-Cultural, Cross-Cultural Tips for Doing Business in, France, Intercultural, intercultural competence, International Protocol, International Travel Tips, Networking, Office Culture, Relationship Building, Relationships, Self-Awareness, Travel, Travel Etiquette, Traveling Etiquette, United States, Workplace Etiquette
Aurel, France by Eric Bauer on flickr France Cultural Dimensions: Reflection of Reality in France With Paris as its heart, France emanates high fashion, inspiring architecture, breathtaking art, fine cuisine and superb wine. In fact, the word “culture” is a French word, derived from the Latin word colere, meaning “to tend to the [...]
- Career Tips, Chile, Cross-Cultural, Culture, Culture and Commercialism, Global Etiquette, Intercultural, intercultural competence, International Travel Tips, Networking, Relationship Building, Self-Awareness, Social Etiquette, South America, Travel, Travel Etiquette, Traveling Etiquette
Las Condes, Santiago by Deensel on flikr Due to the long vertical length of its territory, Chile is country of 7 climates, from tropical deserts in the north to the sub antarctic weather in the south. Also known as the “Land of Poets,” Chile is believed to have won this nickname because of [...]
- Argentina, Business Etiquette, Career Tips, Culture, Customer Service Etiquette, Intercultural, intercultural competence, Language and Culture, Relationships, Self-Awareness, Social Etiquette, South America, Travel, Travel Etiquette, Traveling Etiquette, Workplace Diversity
Buenos Aires photo by Deensel on flikr Argentum, the Latin term for silver, is the reason behind the country’s name Argentina. The origin comes from the first Spanish conquerors to reach the Rio de La Plata, or the Silver River, where they were welcomed by the natives with gifts from this precious material. [...]
Oh France! Producer of eight billions bottles and 53 litres of wine per capita a year, France is a wine’s lover dream destination. A plan to visit France and experience its culture is exciting and on many lifetime “must do” lists. So how do you efficiently pack for 80-90 degree days, afternoons in damp [...]
From speed skating to Alpine skiing, the Winter Games offer chills and thrills for spectators worldwide. The year’s games will take place in Pyeongchang, South Korea, and thousands of sports enthusiasts are gearing up to witness the competition in early February. With so many nationalities represented in the games and in the stands, cultural [...]
For those with a goal in the New Year to give back and get involved, deciding on a volunteer commitment can be tricky. Five tips, find your perfect match for volunteering in 2018.
Many of our readers have asked about ways to prepare for long-distance road trips and proper vehicle behavior for being a good roadtrip passenger. Wherever your holiday travels may take you, implement the following 6 tips to be the best travel buddy.
- Bridging the Cultural Divide, Culture, Customer Service Etiquette, global competency, International Protocol, Interview Etiquette, Lifestyle, Millennials, Modern Manners, Networking, Office Culture, Relationship Building, Relationships, Social Etiquette, Travel Etiquette, Workplace Diversity, Workplace Etiquette
While spreading kindness is good, it’s better to find simple ideas on a daily basis. Here are 5 ways you can carry on workplace goodwill, even after World Kindness Day