While Diwali may have marked a great start for businesses in previous years, a change in the Goods and Services Tax (GST) could mean a shift in celebrations.
- Annual Monthly or Day Observance, Bridging the Cultural Divide, Cross-Cultural, Global Celebrations, global competency, Global Traditions, intercultural competence, International Protocol, Modern Manners, Observances - Monthly & Daily, October celebrations, Relationship Building
The theme for 2017 is “Standards Make Cities Smarter.” If you want to participate in events that celebrate World Standards Day, here are four fun activities you can engage in to make your mid-October more enjoyable.
- Annual Monthly or Day Observance, Bridging the Cultural Divide, Business Etiquette, Career Tips, Cross-Cultural, Culture, Global Celebrations, global competency, Intercultural, Korea, Korean Celebrations, Language and Culture, Observances - Monthly & Daily, October celebrations
October 9 is Hangul Day, a national Korean holiday commemorating the creation of the Korean alphabet by 15th century monarch, Sejong the Great.
The U.S. is considered to be a huge melting pot by many. If you want to strengthen your cross-cultural and intercultural awareness, follow these 3 tips to demonstrate your commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Annual Monthly or Day Observance, avoiding international blunders, Bridging the Cultural Divide, Career Tips, Cross-Cultural, Culture, global competency, Intercultural, intercultural competence, Language and Culture, Lifestyle, Networking, Observances - Monthly & Daily, Relationship Building, Travel, Travel Etiquette, Traveling Etiquette
When conducting business abroad, breaking the language barrier takes time, commitment, and intercultural competence. To ensure that nothing is left unsaid or lost in translation, consider hiring a professional translator to facilitate successful cross-cultural exchange.
- Africa, Asia, Austin, Australia, Brazil, Bridging the Cultural Divide, Canada, Central America, China, Cross-Cultural, Cuba, Culture, Czech Republic, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, global competency, Gracious Living, Gulf City, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Middle East, Morocco, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Observances - Monthly & Daily, Philippines, South America, South Korea, Thailand, Travel, Travel Etiquette, Traveling Etiquette, United States, US Observances
With so many destinations offering diverse cultural experiences, there’s no one-size-fits-all formula for making the most of international trips. Nevertheless, ensuring that you travel with an open mind and a desire to grow is the most important part of any itinerary. In honor of World Tourism Day on September 27, enjoy these four tips to maximize your cultural immersion and create lifelong memories.
September is National Rice Month celebrating the harvest of rice, a staple consumed by nearly half of the world’s population. Rice consumption is especially strong in Asian and African countries, however is also common in the Americas. Rice has important social, religious, and cultural significance around the world. If you’re traveling abroad during National Rice [...]
This year, you may decide to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month by joining Independence Day celebrations or perfecting your Spanish language proficiency. However you make an impact, continue to increase your knowledge of the many paramount contributions Hispanics make to the U.S.
- avoiding international blunders, Cross-Cultural, Cross-Cultural Tips for Doing Business in, Culture, global competency, Global Traditions, Gracious Living, Lifestyle, Millennials, Relationship Building, Relationships, Self-Awareness, Social Etiquette, United States, University Students
Although the prospect of starting a new chapter in an unfamiliar location may be daunting for many, the school is there to support you during your journey. For those preparing for a semester abroad, follow these 4 tips for a smooth and successful journey!