As the weather gets warmer and the summer months approach, graduates across the country are putting the final touches on their caps, planning the perfect grad party, and looking forward to the glorious moment when they walk across the stage and receive their diploma. It’s an emotional time for many, and in the rush of [...]
- Brazil, Cross-Cultural, Culture, Europe, Global Celebrations, Global Traditions, Holiday Season, Intercultural, International Holidays, Legends and Myths, Middle East, Middle East Culture, Muslim Culture and Traditions, Observances - Monthly & Daily, Relationships
We’re familiar with the classic gift exchange on February 14 between couples in the U.S., but did you know nations worldwide celebrate Valentine’s Day with beloved traditions and unique twists? The following four countries have a unique Valentine Day origins, beliefs, and celebrations. Afghanistan Most regions of the Middle East discourage a celebration that may [...]
From speed skating to Alpine skiing, the Winter Games offer chills and thrills for spectators worldwide. The year’s games will take place in Pyeongchang, South Korea, and thousands of sports enthusiasts are gearing up to witness the competition in early February. With so many nationalities represented in the games and in the stands, cultural [...]
- Annual Monthly or Day Observance, Canada, Canadian Traditions, Cross-Cultural, Culture and Commercialism, Customer Service Etiquette, gift-giving, Global Celebrations, Global Etiquette, Global Traditions, Gracious Living, Holiday Season, International Holidays, International Travel Tips, Lifestyle, Modern Manners, Observances - Monthly & Daily
The day after Christmas, December 26th, is an annual holiday known as “Boxing Day” celebrated in several countries in the British Commonwealth.
- Bridging the Cultural Divide, Business Etiquette, Career Tips, Central America, Cross-Cultural, Culture, Europe, gift-giving, Global Celebrations, global competency, Global Etiquette, Global Traditions, Gracious Living, Holiday Season, Italy, Lifestyle, Modern Manners, Traveling Etiquette, Workplace Etiquette
Absorb wisdom and educate others about global gifting tips to increase your cross-cultural understanding of the world.
While gifts are not traditionally exchanged between business associates in this region, the holiday season is a wonderful opportunity to express gratitude and goodwill with a culturally-appropriate token.
- avoiding international blunders, Bridging the Cultural Divide, Business Etiquette, Career Tips, Cross-Cultural, Cross-Cultural Tips for Doing Business in, Culture, Europe, gift-giving, Global Celebrations, global competency, Gracious Living, Holiday Parties, Holiday Season, Lifestyle, Modern Manners, Networking, Relationship Building, Traveling Etiquette, Workplace Etiquette
As part three of cross-cultural gift giving worldwide, let’s explore the different implications when giving and receiving gifts in Central and Eastern Europe (CEECs), as defined by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). The countries included in CEECs are Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, the Slovak Republic, Slovenia, and the three Baltic States: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
6 Holiday Tips for Graciously Visiting Both Families
- Business Etiquette, Career Tips, Dance, Dining, Gala Etiquette, Global Celebrations, Global Tipping, Gracious Living, Holiday Parties, Holiday Season, Lifestyle, Millennials, Modern Manners, Networking, Office Culture, Relationships, Social Etiquette, University Students, Women in Business, Women in the Workforce, Workplace Etiquette
You’ve learned about exaggerated versions of it via movies and TV, and now it’s your turn to experience it first-hand.
If your business is partaking in Dia de Los Muertos this year, consider using these suggestions to give back to communities and to create a bridge between consumers, holidays, and products.