Even with an undergraduate, masters or doctorate degree, learning is a life-long journey. Many of us continue to read ebooks, enroll in training sessions, and continue to knowledge quest. In this day and age, there is a greater need for self-education. There is also a greater desire to change jobs to gain diverse experience. With the increased interest in e-learning, now more than ever, students are turning to alternative sources according to The Chronicle of Higher Education. If you are considering transitioning to a new career, discovering a niche market as an entrepreneur, or even furthering/ expanding your current career, learn from leading industry experts to find your own success with these 5 career books recommended by Forbes:
“Knowledge itself is power.”
-Sir Francis Bacon
- The Third Door: The Wild Quest to Uncover How the World’s Most Successful People Launched Their Careers by Alex Banayan : This is a story of how author, Alex Banayan, a young freshman in college sought out successful icons such as Bill Gates, Warren Buffet. Lady Gaga and many more to discover what made them successful. Alex then determined the one thing they most had in common and revealed it in this informative book.
- Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio: Founder of an incredibly successful investment firm, Ray Dalio shares his principles which led him to become an influential businessman. This book helps with decisions within business and can help readers discover a solution they may have not yet seen.
- Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence—and How You Can, Too by Gary Vaynerchuk: Trailing Crushing It, this book is an expansion of tips and stories to help individuals start their business from the spark in a mind to an established company. Entrepreneurs especially faced with social media stances and where to begin will find this book priceless.
- Willpower Doesn’t Work: Discover the Hidden Keys to Success by Benjamin Hardy: Ben Hardy takes on a divergent approach to achieving success. Benjamin takes readers on a journey for self-improvement in every area by developing constructive default behaviors. With tools such as changing your surroundings, becoming the teacher and growing into your goals, individuals are sure to improve their self image.
- When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing by Daniel H. Pink: In When, Daniel Pink believes the structure of success comes down to a science, and why. Learn how to manage energy levels, create a solid schedule and stick to your goals. When helps you gain control of the never ending hustle of daily life and organize your goals
“An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest”
Knowledge is something that is best shared. Building personal success is accessible with collaboration. These five fantastic books this year can enhance business goals and personal development. Take a few hours a week to invest in yourself – and read.
What business books have you read this year?
Sharon Schweitzer and Vienna Raglin co-wrote this post. Sharon Schweitzer, J.D., is a cross-cultural trainer, modern manners expert, and the founder of Access to Culture. In addition to her accreditation in intercultural management from the HOFSTEDE centre, she serves as a Chinese Ceremonial Dining Etiquette Specialist in the documentary series Confucius was a Foodie, on Nat Geo People. She is the resident etiquette expert on two popular lifestyle shows: ABC Tampa Bay’s Morning Blend and CBS Austin’s We Are Austin. She is regularly quoted by BBC Capital, Investor’s Business Daily, Fortune, and the National Business Journals. Her Amazon #1 Best Selling book in International Business, Access to Asia: Your Multicultural Business Guide, now in its third printing, was named to Kirkus Reviews’ Best Books of 2015. She’s a winner of the British Airways International Trade Award at the 2016 Greater Austin Business Awards and the 2017 New York City Big Book Award for Multicultural Nonfiction.
Vienna Raglin is the Marketing and Sales Manager at Access to Culture. With a professional background in Sales and Hospitality, she earned a BBA in Marketing and Sales from Texas State